There are two main resources for POV-Ray. First of all the POV-Ray homepage. It contains everything you need to get started with POV-Ray (installation archives, pictures, documentation, and links to other valuable POV-Ray resources). Second the IRTC homepage. The homepage of the Internet Raytracing Competition presents thousands of astonishing pictures and animations made with POV-Ray or other raytracing programs. Just take them as input for your own rendering. They are really inspiring!
There are a lot of pages dealing with POV-Ray. I just picked a few of my favourite's.
- Homepage of Thomas Schmidt with a lot of links to POV-Ray resources
- Christoph's page contains a lof of incredible animations, includes, and tutorials
- The Persistance of Ignorance, lot of beautiful images and a few tips and tricks
- Homepage of Andrea Lohmüller + Friedrich A. Lohmüller , a lof of images and great POV-Ray tutorials
- Roy's homepage features a nice articel about lighting in POV-Ray
- POV-Ray webring, you will find a lot of POV-Ray pages here and you can even join the ring
- the page of Nathan Koop features includes and MegaPOV, a customized POV-Ray version
- you can find a lot of includes on the page of Chris Colefax
- Paul Bourke's graphics pages contain useful tips and tricks
- The German POV-Ray Magazin offers a lot of nice articels about features and the use of POV-Ray
- Just check out the website Oyonale, it shows a lot of incredible images and features nice making-of stories
- Just check out the website povray.co.uk, news, resources, and information about POV-Ray
- Just check out the website Tabsnet.com presents statistics and information about the POV-Ray benchmark